Thread: On what kind of CPU does encryption can work faster?

On what kind of CPU does encryption can work faster?

I am trying to find out encryption solution. I need a system that can make encryption lot faster. I have a laptop and when I encrypt my hard drive the system just goes very slow. It is not working as per my expectation.

I want some help here through which I can boost the output of the same. Encryption helps me to protect my data and on my dual core pc this thing is very slow. It takes ages to turn on the pc and decrypt the files for sharing.

Re: On what kind of CPU does encryption can work faster?

You need a high end system for that. At least a pc that has a Core i5 processor and at least 8GB ram with latest motherboard. Then only that is going to work. Poor system will work really slow and will not give the output as per your need. It is good to upgrade your system to the latest one and buy one that fits your need. Or else you won’t get proper solution. There is pc in the market that comes with encryption solution.

Re: On what kind of CPU does encryption can work faster?

I think you can find those models under Dell. They offer you a good and strong system that cans enough to give you powerful encryption. Here only buying the CPU is not enough. You have to upgrade your storage. That means you will have to buy a SSD that will help you a lot in facing the issue.

On a regular drive encryption is very slow and can affect other pc performance compare to that if you use a SSD then things are faster.