Thread: Unable to use 3G Data Card on Ubuntu

Unable to use 3G Data Card on Ubuntu

I just got a new 3G Data card from Idea. And I am not able to use the same on my Ubuntu laptop. In Windows when I inset the data card it shows me a setup file that install software and through which I am able to consent to internet. But the same is not working on Ubuntu. I went on Idea website to find information about the same but canít locate things. I want some help here to find a nice tool that can help me to configure 3D data card on my pc.

Re: Unable to use 3G Data Card on Ubuntu

There is a different way to install 3G data card on ubuntu pc. It is not possible to use that directly. Because the first thing you have to do is configure the modem drivers. Or else things remain un-identified.

Three are guide on the web through which you can configure the data card. You can find a guide for installing BSNL data card which is quiet easy and most of the guide process is similar for all type of cards. Just try out the same.

Re: Unable to use 3G Data Card on Ubuntu

You can try using WvDial. It is small tool that can help you to connect to internet through the data card.

It is like a dialer for ubuntu. I am using TATA Photon Wi-Fi on my laptop and this works really well. There is quiet no issue with the output because it does not require a dialer. It connects directly. And it has a wifi also on which you can turn on internet connection.

You can find the guide about installing WvDial on the web.