Thread: Nokia Lumia 720 Windows Phone 8.1 update brings new camera bug

Nokia Lumia 720 Windows Phone 8.1 update brings new camera bug

After having the new update on Nokia Lumia 720 there is some issue with the camera. I got the update popup on the screen and I applied the same. It is a new Windows 8.1 update. But after that when I am trying to take photos it is crashing. It is not working at all.

I want some help here to fix the issue. I had tried a number of times to reboot my phone and use the camera but the same is still crashing. It does not look there is any way to fix this thing. I want some help here to fix this problem.

Re: Nokia Lumia 720 Windows Phone 8.1 update brings new camera bug

I do not think the issue is associated with the update. Most of the time I had seen that camera crash automatically in Nokia Lumia 720. It becomes very complicated to use the same. I had run a full factory reset that has resolved the issue. You have to first backup your data in the pc and then go ahead with the full factory reset. I am quite sure that will be enough to fix the issue. If this does not work then you have to take the phone to the service centre. It can be a hardware issue also.

Re: Nokia Lumia 720 Windows Phone 8.1 update brings new camera bug

There are two reasons for this. First as mentioned above there is a hardware error in the device due to which the camera is crashing.

The second is due to damage SD card. If the card is not proper then after taking photos or while recording video the camera will crash in the device. You have to check the same. Just remove your SD card and try to use your internal storage once. If the camera works then the problem is with the SD Card.

If this does not help then you have to anyhow take the phone to the service centre.