Thread: Is a liquid cooler easy to repair?

Is a liquid cooler easy to repair?

I am planning to go for a portable liquid cooler for my pc. My friend has one from Corsair. It came with 120mm fan. Now something happened the tube is leaked. And I think the entire liquid inside is gone. This has also damaged this system. But luckily he removed it before causing too much issue.

I want to know that does it is easy to repair this thing. I am trying it find out a few solution about the same. If it is easy to repair then it will save a lot amount of money. I won't have to go for the new one.

Re: Is a liquid cooler easy to repair?

I do not think so. Till yet there is no DIY kit available on the web that can help us to repair the liquid cooler. The internal coolant is very important. If it is leaked then you cannot fill it back again. If you check the design properly then you can find that this kind of liquid cooler have a sealed pipe.

Things are completely locked and once you pull the same or if there is any leak in it then it can cause major problem. You can try contacting Corsair for the same. The service center people can help you to fix the issue.

Re: Is a liquid cooler easy to repair?

I also agree with the same. There is no way through which you can repair it. And I think the service center people are not going to help you in this matter. It is good to buy a new one. Because that will be lot more better. You can get a reliable design with warranty and you can use it effectively also. It is always good to buy a new one instead of going for a used product. Because that can cause problem later in future. You can try going to for a DIY liquid cooler. There are ample of videos for the same on the web.