Thread: What is the difference between Wide Angle Lens and Wide Angle Zoom

What is the difference between Wide Angle Lens and Wide Angle Zoom

I want to buy a nice lens for my camera. I can find two options on the web. First is Wide Angle lens and other one is Wide Angle Zoom. I am trying to find the difference between both the lenses. I am not able to figure which one to go for.

My primary requirement is to take wide scenery photos with high detail. I have a canon camera with few old lenses that are not working on the same.

I want something that can provide me a wide range photography. I think the regular zooming feature would be enough.

Re: What is the difference between Wide Angle Lens and Wide Angle Zoom

There is not a big difference. The wide angle lens allows you to add more scene to the camera while the wide angle zoom help you to get a more near picture of the scenery. According to me going for a wide angle zoom lens is lot more better compare to just wide angle.

These are costly lens that comes for Rs.3000 to Rs.4000 if you buy a really nice one. You can go on any popular ecommerce site to get a lot of details about the same. There are few sites also that offer you benefits.

It is quit necessary to check the lens specification and compare that with your existing one. Sometime it happens that we might buy the same kind of lenses that we have with very less extra benefits. So that is a kind of waste of money.

You can try finding out a few good lens comparison on the web and you can use the one that fits your needs the most. There are very costly lenses also. But buy only the one that is required. No use of loading your bags with lenses that you are going to use a few times only.

kunalmothe

Hello,
    I think there is not too much difference in Wide Angle Lens and Wide Angle Zoom because it gives almost same effect in the picture.