Thread: LG USB Microphone detected in windows but it is not recording

LG USB Microphone detected in windows but it is not recording

I am trying to use a LG USB Microphone on my pc. I am having a Windows 7 pc and I am using the usb microphone to record a audio over a video. I can see it detected but it is not recording anything. I am using the default sound recorder application in Windows 7. I want some help here.

The usb microphone does not come with any settings or with any third party tool. It is plug and play. When I connect I can see a new hardware wizard on the system. And it shows that the device is installed and ready to use.

Re: LG USB Microphone detected in windows but it is not recording

Try to recheck the connection. I will recommend you to connect the usb mic on any other port. Like on the backside of your pc. Just connect the usb to the back port and see. When you attach an usb audio device, windows will automatically detect the same and will configure it is as the default audio recorder of your system. You can try using some third part audio recorder that can allow you choice to select the microphone and then use the same. It is not very complicated to configure.

Re: LG USB Microphone detected in windows but it is not recording

Sometime we have to manually choose the audio device. For that you have to go in control panel and there you have to click on sound. In that you can find sound devices. Go in the recording section and right click on the usb mic and set it as default. That's it. It will start working.

You don't have to use any third party recorder for the same. You can use the default one and it will start working. If not then it means the mic is not proper. You have keep changing the usb ports.