Thread: What WhatsApp is charging people for a year usage

What WhatsApp is charging people for a year usage

I am not able to figure if WhatsApp is so much popular around the world then why they are charging. Here Facebook is also popular but they never change. The same is done by Twitter and many other mobile chat messengers.

It is not very costly but it must be free. And are they planning to increase the cost of the chat messenger in the coming time. At many places I had seen we are getting a whatsapp pack, does that also include the chat messenger subscription. I am getting a Rs.200 pack for the same.

Re: What WhatsApp is charging people for a year usage

It is true that WhatsApp requires a sum of money for the usage. And this start after a free usage of a year. This works both for iPhone and Android users. It is not really a scam. Every company uses some kind of strategies to earn and make money. There is nothing free in this world.

Anyhow you are directly or indirectly paying for the service. But I had seen that prices of these kinds of apps have declined. It is going to get cheaper and there can be some internal purchase like stickers or any other stuff.

kunalmothe

Hello,
    I don't think that WhatsApp is charging some amount on its users on monthly basis. The charge is only Rs.1 that is on the registration of new member apart from that nothing is taken by user.

WhatsApp is not charging very high. It is in budget I think. You just have to pay around 50bucks a year and done. But there are news that our telecom provides are going to charge WhatsApp. And this will hike the fees in future. We have to wait and see for the same. Globally Whatsapp takes 0.99USD from the user which is not a very high amount. But soon this is going to get increase if our telecom providers start charging whatsapp for the service. Because this offer you a free unlimited messaging and chatting. This affects their business.

Unhappy Re: WhatsApp is charging people for a year usage/

Hi,
    There is no yearly charges for whatsapp app, its totally free from any charges .
    Whatsapp for windows computer is also available by Bluestacks app player.