Thread: Unable to eject SD card from Lenovo laptop

Unable to eject SD card from Lenovo laptop

I am having a memory card reader on my Lenovo laptop. I use a full size card adapter with my micro sd card to copy files in the same. I use the sd card then in my pc. I am having some issue with ejecting the card.

When I click on the tiny green arrow icon in the system tray and click on eject it gives me an error message. It shows that the card is busy. But I had done copying the files in the pc and still it is giving me the same kind of message.

I am trying to remove it safely. What if I pull the card directly without ejecting?

Re: Unable to eject SD card from Lenovo laptop

If you do that your card will get damage. Never pull your card out if you are unable to eject that safely form the pc. It can get easily damage. It is essential that you must try to shut down your pc before removing. These kinds of issue occur if there is any third party appellation using the card. Like the antivirus scanner.

Most of the new antivirus will automatically scan the removable storage when you insert them. And you will not be able to remove them. Just check that once. Turn the antivirus off and try back.

Re: Unable to eject SD card from Lenovo laptop

It can be also due to a virus in your system. If there is virus then you won't be able to get rid the issue. I had seen this issue. When you insert the card you get an auto run message box on the screen. You must disable it. You can do one more thing. Just copy all the files from the card to your pc on the desktop in a folder. And then format the card. After that restore the old things back again and test back. If this works then it means there was something in the card like a auto run file or a virus. And it is removed.