Thread: Windows 7 partition full, but D is empty

Windows 7 partition full, but D is empty

I am having three partitions in my pc. The C drive has 50GB and other two D and E have 100GB each. The drive is completely empty. There is nothing in that. So I want to merge the D drive in Windows partition without causing problem to the operating system. Last time when I did this the system failed to start. I restored the pc back with system image and then everything is started back again from scratch. I want some help here to merge both the partition. I am installing a few games and getting disk full error.

Re: Windows 7 partition full, but D is empty

Quote Originally Posted by nasss View Post
    I am having three partitions in my pc. The C drive has 50GB and other two D and E have 100GB each. The drive is completely empty. There is nothing in that. So I want to merge the D drive in Windows partition without causing problem to the operating system. Last time when I did this the system failed to start. I restored the pc back with system image and then everything is started back again from scratch. I want some help here to merge both the partition. I am installing a few games and getting disk full error.
    You can do that through Disk Management. That is the best tool to merge partition and it is also safe to use.

To do the same right click on My Computer and click on Manage. Then click on Disk Management. From there right click and delete the D partition. This will become un-allocated space. Now right click on C drive which is your windows partition and choose extend. Add the free space in the windows partition and done.

It will start working. You will get the entire 100GB in that. And then you can install programs and games in the same.

Re: Windows 7 partition full, but D is empty

There is one best tool for this. I am using this from long time and I do not have any problem with the same. It is called as EASEUS Partition Manager. There is nothing best than this. You have to install the software and run the same. You will see the partition in the same.

You can click on the solider to extend, or merge the same. It is very effective to use. All you have to do is empty a partition for the sae. You can also shrink a partition and take out some space from the existing one. It will work. Just test it.