Thread: Is it possible to use Microsoft Office 2013 on Windows 8.1

Is it possible to use Microsoft Office 2013 on Windows 8.1

I am having some really old files which only work in Microsoft Office 2013. These files are having macros that I think will not start in Office 2007. I had tested that once and it failed to work. I want some help here to find whether Microsoft Office 2013 is going to work in Windows 8.1.

I am having all the files in my pen drive and I had also arranged the office 2013 setup file. But I am unable to locate any solution. I do not want to mess up with the system by adding very old software.

Re: Is it possible to use Microsoft Office 2013 on Windows 8.1

I am doubtful about that. You will get some error on the screen if you try to run the setup. You must try to use it on an old pc which will help you in fixing the issue. It is good if you can open those files in Office 2007 and save them.

This will help you opening those files. Because in Office 2007 you can simply open the files that are saved in Office 2003. But not in more new edition. So if you are having Office 2007 in Windows 8.1 try to open that in compatibility mode.

If you get error then you have to use a very old pc with Windows XP and Office 2013 in.

Re: Is it possible to use Microsoft Office 2013 on Windows 8.1

There is one way of working on those files. You have to use VMware. VMware is a kind of visualization software that you can find for free on web. In that you can install Windows XP and Office 2013. And you can then open and modify your files on the same. I am quite sure this will work for you if you are having a pc that has process with visualization support. Or else there is no other way. You cannot install Office 2013 on Windows 8.1. It is not supportable. You can try using a Vista pc which will help.