Thread: What can be the range of a regular home router

What can be the range of a regular home router

I have an old router that is connected near my pc. I want to know that is the maximum range I can get on the same. I had tried to find the same on the web but there is no router mentioned with the coverage range. I am planning to shift the router to another place. I am not getting range in my bed room.

There is not even single bar on the Smartphone. I have to come down to use the internet connection. I am planning to upgrade that by getting a new one. What should I see while buying a router to get maximum range.

Re: What can be the range of a regular home router

Any new router can give you around 20meter of range depending on the area. The router will not cross thick walls. A regular home router has a nice range of around 15meters in a home.

I think that is on a regular 2db antenna. You can check on the web for some good new routers and you can try dining out the range of the same.

If you are having multiple antennas on the same then the range is more better and increased. Try to place the router at the center of your home. So that you can get more coverage.

Re: What can be the range of a regular home router

If you are going to buy a new router try to find a dual band one with atleast 5db antenna. It will give you a more accurate and faster coverage. Old routers are not having enough power to give you long range usage. And if you want more coverage then you can just add a wireless extender device at your home.

You can get around 5 to 10meter of extended range on the same. Any good router that has a 5db antenna is enough to give you an entire home coverage. There is no need to look for high end model.