Thread: How to use TATA Photon Wifi on Macbook without installing Photon Dialer software

How to use TATA Photon Wifi on Macbook without installing Photon Dialer software

I borrowed TATA Photon Wife USB dongle from my friend. I want to use that on Mac. I am not aware about doing this. I remember, to use the USB dongle you have to install the software on your pc. And that has a connect button.

Is that software separately available for Mac system? Because unless and until we install the same, there is no way to start the internet. I had tried looking on the official site which does not has much detail about the same.

I am using this for the first. The dongle was not used for last two months and I had just recharged it with 1GB pack. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: How to use TATA Photon Wifi on Macbook without installing Photon Dialer software

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Is that software separately available for Mac system? Because unless and until we install the same, there is no way to start the internet. I had tried looking on the official site which does not has much detail about the same.
    There is no need to install anything. You can just connect the dongle to the usb port of your Mac system and it will start working. It will give you a web based page on the screen. When you connect it will start working on its own.

The second way of using that is connect the Tata Photon Wifi to any usb charger and connect the same to power socket. And turn it on. You can share the internet on your macbook through wifi connection. It is the easiest way to use. You do not need to connect that to the usb.

Re: How to use TATA Photon Wifi on Macbook without installing Photon Dialer software

Sometime when this dongle is not used for few months you have to reactivate the same. It is right that TATA Photon Wifi works directly. There is no need to install anything. Just connect it and done. But if the net does not work then you have to reactivate the same. You can call on the customer care for the same and they will guide you for the activation process. You just have to go in the admin section and without adding any user or password click on activate button. But just ask the customer first.

Tata Photon comes with different modems and models from various brands such as Huawei, ZTE etc. Each of them can be run with the different dialers. So you need to install the correct driver for your particular device.