Thread: Desktop icon and taskbar size magnified after installing Windows 8.1

Desktop icon and taskbar size magnified after installing Windows 8.1

There is some problem in Windows 8.1. I had updated that from Windows 8 and a new problem appears. The icons and task bar is all magnified after the same. I want to make them look small as it was before. The desktop looks very small due to so large icons. I had updated the same so that I can get some new features.

I had gone through few articles which say that the update does not need formatting. But the entire desktop is messed up. Icons inside My Computer are also very large. How to restore them like before.

Re: Desktop icon and taskbar size magnified after installing Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by rajmalhotra View Post
    There is some problem in Windows 8.1. I had updated that from Windows 8 and a new problem appears. The icons and task bar is all magnified after the same.
    This is because of windows graphic settings. The settings are high due to which you are getting that look. And you can fix that by making them small. For that just right click on the desktop and choose screen resolution. From there increase the same to maximum. The higher you will make the small will be icon size and also it will look nice. Try to restart your pc and once run windows update. IF there are any missing drivers in the system then they will be also installed o your system.

Re: Desktop icon and taskbar size magnified after installing Windows 8.1

It is not due to screen resolution. It is due to missing graphic driver. You have to update that. It looks your existing video driver is not compatible with windows 8 due to which you are getting the message. You must try to update that. You can find the same on web.

Depending on your board model you can locate it. If not then there are two ways. First you can go with windows update and second you can try using driver updater software. There are ample of them available on the web. Just test it.