Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator controller not working on Windows 8.1

Microsoft Flight Simulator controller not working on Windows 8.1

How to make Microsoft Flight Simulator gamepad work on Windows 8.1. This worked really well on Windows 7 but now it is not. I am having problem in playing the game. I use the gamepad always to play game but the time I had updated to Windows 8.1 this new issue started.

I want some help here to resolve the problem. I am not able to find any solution for the same on web. I am quite sure here will be some solution. Before Windows 7 use to detect the gamepad automatically. And it worked quiet well but now it is failing.

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator controller not working on Windows 8.1

I had tried that many times but it is not working. It is so complicated to install this thing in Windows 8.1. I think this operating system is quiet buggy like Windows Vista. I had seen the gamepad working on Windows 8 but it somehow stops automatically. I had used the default disc that I got with the same and it is not accepting the drivers. It is good if you can try restoring back Windows 7. Because in future also you will face issue with Windows 8.1. Old one is not compatible with this new operating system.

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator controller not working on Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by CoD View Post
    How to make Microsoft Flight Simulator gamepad work on Windows 8.1. This worked really well on Windows 7 but now it is not. I am having problem in playing the game. I use the gamepad always to play game but the time I had updated to Windows 8.1 this new issue started.
    It is a bug in Windows 8.1. Much old hardware like printer, nas drive, gamepad, etc does not work on it. I had faced a lot of issue in fixing that. I tried to install the drivers manually and that failed.

Compare to that Windows 7 is lot better. Because it somehow manages to support old drivers. I was able to use a very old printer on that and it worked. Because in Windows 7 you can install Windows XP drivers.

Try to change the compatibility mode of control software and try back.