Thread: Mozilla Firefox blocks file download when safe browsing is on

Mozilla Firefox blocks file download when safe browsing is on

I am having problem with Firefox and I want to know whether there is a way to stop that. I had turned on Safe Browsing on my system. And when it is on I had seen Firefox blocks a lot of file downloads.

It is a bit annoying. Because it also blocks my mail attachment sometime. I am using my company’s mail id where I am already getting ssl certification error.

I hope there can be some way to stop the same. I tried looking in the settings but cannot locate any option for unblocking my downloaded files.

Re: Mozilla Firefox blocks file download when safe browsing is on

It is a safety feature. If Firefox does not identify what file you are downloading then it will block the same. But still at that time you can unblock or download the same. If you think this is annoying then you can try to turn off the safe browsing and use it in regular way. All you need is a good antivirus in your system. So that it can protect you from online threats. And most of the antivirus will scan the downloaded files and will protect your system from malware. So just turn it off.

Re: Mozilla Firefox blocks file download when safe browsing is on

That is a half solution. I had seen this issue. It looks Firefox is not having any kind of mechanism inside that can tell it that this file is ok and you can download it. If you open the same site again and download it will give you the same message. There must be filters in it.

So that we can add the files that we want to download. It is also right that having a good internet security will keep you less worried about this downloaded content. Because it will scan and will check your files.