Thread: Choosing an Android Smartphone on the basis of Display Technology

Choosing an Android Smartphone on the basis of Display Technology

Today we have ample of android Smartphone’s in the market. I want to know the different display technology used on the same. Like the most common that I had seen is TFT on low end phone. If I want to go with the budget phone then what type of display is the best one?

I do not want to go much deep. Just want to know that does it really matters to choose a phone on the basis of a display quality or picking any device under Rs.8000 will work. My requirement is to have a decent display so that I can read a lot of eBooks.

Re: Choosing an Android Smartphone on the basis of Display Technology

Quote Originally Posted by ELIJA View Post
    I do not want to go much deep. Just want to know that does it really matters to choose a phone on the basis of a display quality or picking any device under Rs.8000 will work. My requirement is to have a decent display so that I can read a lot of eBooks.
    It really matters. Better display means good clarity. You will not love the screen if it is dull or outdated. Here you have to check the contrast Ratio. Good means more bright output. The dark will be blacker that increases visibility.

Then comes the colour. TFT are basic display. Don’t go for that. They are cheap but not so good for long hours of usage. There are many types of display.

If you are getting a led one then it is good. Check for the display quality on YouTube video by searching for the device model.

Re: Choosing an Android Smartphone on the basis of Display Technology

As far as I know there are two types of display. The first one is OLED display and the second one is LCD display. OLED is lot more better compare to a LCD display. Because it brings more bright screen and detailed images. LCD display is the one that you see on your computer monitor. It is good for a phablet.

For small screen OLED is amazing. You can see everything crisp and clear on the same. It contains organic material in the same. They do not need a backlight here. And they are also thin and offer you glossy output.