Thread: Gmail and Yahoo to make mobile number compulsory for new mail accounts

Gmail and Yahoo to make mobile number compulsory for new mail accounts

Gmail and Yahoo are going to make mobile number verification compulsory for all new mail accounts. It looks that it will be complicated for many to use this mail service. I never like to add my mobile number on my mail account.

Because I worry about getting it leaked and then you get a lot of spam calls about various services. This people trick you to pay for some stuff. Gmail and Yahoo are the largest email providers who have the maximum number of users. And if they make this thing constant then it will hard to use them.

Re: Gmail and Yahoo to make mobile number compulsory for new mail accounts

It is essential to stop spamming. Gmail has the highest population of spamming. By adding a mobile number they can verify whether the account you are creating is for genuine purpose or not. You can use other mail services that do not ask you to put the mobile number. There are many like this. Like you can go with Live.com.

They do not ask for the same. You can add a secondary email for your security stuff and use it. I had added my mobile number long back in Yahoo and it works well.

Re: Gmail and Yahoo to make mobile number compulsory for new mail accounts

Quote Originally Posted by AatMaa View Post
    Gmail and Yahoo are going to make mobile number verification compulsory for all new mail accounts. It looks that it will be complicated for many to use this mail service. I never like to add my mobile number on my mail account.
    They must have done this long before. Because here people try to create multiple Gmail and yahoo accounts. By adding a mobile number the account will get limited and there will be less spamming. Without that there can be lots of account. And this will also limit facebook accounts.

I agree that Google accounts have a big issue of spamming. It is very annoying to get rid of those. I had configured my email on the thunderbird and it takes around 10 to 15mintues to sort out the spam.