Thread: Does Windows 8 support old printers?

Does Windows 8 support old printers?

I want to know that does it is possible to install old printers on Windows 8 desktop. I have an old Olympus model. I am having windows vista in a system and the printer is working well on that.

I want to upgrade that to Windows 8 but I want that the printer must work on it. If not then it will be a big issue to fix that thing. I had tried finding out the solution on web but there is hardly anything mentioned about my printer model.

The model is Olympus P-10. If I update to Windows 8 then what is the next thing I have to do to install this printer. Help appreciated.

Re: Does Windows 8 support old printers?

Before moving ahead you have to find the right printer drivers. Or else it will not work. It is good if you can locate that first and then go ahead with updating. You can go on the official site of Olympus and try to find the drivers. And once you get that you can simply install Windows 8 and get the printer on that.

That is the simplest way. If you format and then look for drivers then there are chances you won’t get what you are looking for. For old printer and hardware it is very hard to find the drivers.

Re: Does Windows 8 support old printers?

Yes it is right that for old hardware it hard to find the drivers online. For that you have to first backup the existing drivers. I will recommend you to Test the printed first on any existing pc which has Windows 8. And if you are not having then there is one way. Create a full system backup image of your C partition. That has windows vista. Then install windows 8 over that. Test the printer. If this does not work then you can restore the system back again with that system image file and it will start working.