Thread: Dell Vostro 14 turns off automatically without giving any warning

Dell Vostro 14 turns off automatically without giving any warning

I am unable to figure what is the issue with my laptop. It is not very old model but it just shutdown on its own while working. I use it at my office. I use it for emails and for editing my office files. I keep the laptop in sleep mode when I am not using it.

Sometime it is on the sleep mode for days. But I never face this kind of issue. Today I was working on a mail and the laptop turned off automatically. I tried to turn on but it did not worked. And after an hour it went back to normal.

Can anyone tell me what the issue is? Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell Vostro 14 turns off automatically without giving any warning

There can be hardware as well as software issue in the laptop due to which you are getting the issue. To troubleshoot you can start form the software site. You can go in Control Panel and in that search for Event Viewer. This tool will give you the list of all errors that has been on your laptop recently.

Try to post the full error report here and through that we can find out where is the issue. Try to turn off your power management settings. And then check back. If this does not help then I think the issue is with the battery.

Re: Dell Vostro 14 turns off automatically without giving any warning

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Braver View Post
    Sometime it is on the sleep mode for days. But I never face this kind of issue. Today I was working on a mail and the laptop turned off automatically. I tried to turn on but it did not worked. And after an hour it went back to normal.
    It looks you are overcharging your laptop. If you try to charge continuously the batter life is degraded and you facet his kind of issue. Just to test remove the battery from the laptop and connect it directly to the power source. If it works well then it means the battery has the issue.

But if turns off again then it means the processor in the laptop is heating up. You have to install a CPU temperature monitor app to find out the same. If it is heating then you have to take the same to service centre to fix it.