Thread: Firefox history fails to sync on new setup

Firefox history fails to sync on new setup

Whenever you remove Firefox it leaves the personalization files in the system. Through which you can get them back when you install a new version on the same. This time it is not working. I had removed Firefox because it was freezing a lot. And I had not removed my internal settings. I had also configured Firefox Sync so that I can get my history and bookmarks back again. But it is not working. This is the first time I am facing this problem. I want some help to fix this problem. It is very hard to find the bookmarked links.

Re: Firefox history fails to sync on new setup

You are not using the right way of backup due to which you are getting the issue. It will be great if you us a third party software for the same. I am using Mozbackup. This is one of the best software when it comes to Firefox backup.

Because it will copy all the required files of your Firefox browser and will save it on your pc. When you restore you just have to run the software back again and it will start working. Always backup your files with the same and use it. I am quite sure it will be the simplest way of dealing with the problem.

Compare to an offline tool I think, an online tool is lot better. Because in that you dont have to knee files on your pc. Your files are on cloud and they can be pulled with simple steps.

The best tool to keep your bookmarks and other setting at one place is xmark. This tool is tiny and once you add that in your browser it will automatically configure your entire browser.

It is very smile to use. Try to create a new account in Firefox sync. Your old one might not be verified properly due to which the sync is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by sun View Post
    The best tool to keep your bookmarks and other setting at one place is xmark. This tool is tiny and once you add that in your browser it will automatically configure your entire browser.
    Xmarks is particularly for Bookmarks but Mozbackup is far wide. I am using Mozbackup since long years and love it. Never had any problem. It actually creates and complete image of your current browser including everything such as bookmarks, password, history, cache, etc.

That's not all. You can also backup your entire Thunderbird using this tool.