Thread: iPad just reset itself to the original factory settings

iPad just reset itself to the original factory settings

Something weird happened on my ipad recently. It just reset to factory settings on its own. I am quiet not able to figure out why this thing happened. I have lots of images in that and my mails which are all lost. Last night I had connected the tablet to the pc and synced it through iTunes. There was some update notification. I allowed the same and after that this issue occur. What are the chances available to get the data back? I hope this would be a bit easier to restore. And stop this auto reset thing.

Re: iPad just reset itself to the original factory settings

One good thing you did is synced the ipad with your pc through iTunes. When you do that, iTunes will make a copy of your files on the pc and you can restore them back again by syncing. This is really a weird issue. It never happens that ipad just reset itself and wipe out your data. Next time configure iCloud on your tablet.

And keep a backup of files on the same. So that if in case any of this problem appear you can just get your data back. Go and verify the settings once. Auto reset kind of thing is not available in ipad.

Re: iPad just reset itself to the original factory settings

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Something weird happened on my ipad recently. It just reset to factory settings on its own. I am quiet not able to figure out why this thing happened. I have lots of images in that and my mails which are all lost. Last night I had connected the tablet to the pc and synced it through iTunes. There was some update notification. I allowed the same and after that this issue occur. What are the chances available to get the data back? I hope this would be a bit easier to restore. And stop this auto reset thing.
    There are two possible ways through which the iPad got reset. First if you are have a used iPad. That means second hand. The person from where you had bought must have remote wiped it. You can do that through your iCloud account.

And if this is not the case then you have entered the password wrong. Or someone else might have done that. By adding wrong password around 10 times the reset settings are activated and entire data is wiped out. So just do not give your ipad to anyone.