Thread: How android security works when it comes to banking

How android security works when it comes to banking

Android is the most common platform. Even I am having a tablet with me. I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. It is just amazing and provide pc like features. I want to use this tablet for banking purpose. I have multiple accounts. I want to use this for transferring money, for making payments, for purchase, etc. I want to know how secure it can be. I am going to use LastPass to manage my passwords in it. Many recommended me to go with a windows tablet with encryption support. But I think android is more easy to use.

Re: How android security works when it comes to banking

Security is a major concern when it comes to android. And there is nothing much you can do. Android has the maximum vulnerability than any other platform. The safest platform is blackberry when it comes to professional usage. The battery OS is the best when you want to banking stuff.

I will not recommend you to do the same on your android device. You must use some good antivirus for the same. That might help. Or you can try talking to your bank for using some extra security measure on portable devices.

Re: How android security works when it comes to banking

Encryption is the best way to protect your data. But this hamper the device performance. It might make it slow in usage. Many devices comes with encryption support in them while some of them can be used through third party software. A few preventive measure you can do is first get a good paid antivirus.

Do not enable unknown sources. Do not install third party application which are not trusted. Never use hacks, patches or pirated programs. And above all, use a good screen lock. Turn on your internet only when needed.