Thread: Microsoft Word 2003 crashed when I was saving files in pdf

Microsoft Word 2003 crashed when I was saving files in pdf

I am using old Office 2003 on a Vista pc. I just use Microsoft Word in that for typing my documents. I had installed a plug-in that will save word files in pdf format. It appears directly in the save as section. It was working quiet fine. But suddenly it stopped working.

I want to restore the old settings back again. I cannot find the plug-in also. It was very old. I use the pdf format to mail files to my friend because it is handy and no one can edit your files easily. I cannot send the same in word format.

Re: Microsoft Word 2003 crashed when I was saving files in pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Fulton View Post
    I am using old Office 2003 on a Vista pc. I just use Microsoft Word in that for typing my documents. I had installed a plug-in that will save word files in pdf format. It appears directly in the save as section.
    The plug-in which you are talking about is called as save as pdf and it is still available online. You can download that form different websites. Just download and install the same. That will help you in fixing the issue. The plug-in might have crashed or it is removed due to new updates. But after adding it back it will start working. There are many other solution through which you can still save your files in pdf. You can use a convertor software or you can try some other way of saving.

Re: Microsoft Word 2003 crashed when I was saving files in pdf

There is one effective way which does not require any kind of plug-in support. And it works well and it will be for long time. You don't have to add any plug-in in your word file for the same.

What you have to do is use a pdf printer. There are many available. A pdf printer will help you to print your word files in pdf. When you hit the Ctrl + P button from printer dialog box you can choose that save to pdf option. And your files will be generated.

This one is more stable because a third party tool is converting the files to pdf. Let me know if you need anymore help.