Thread: How to setup web server on Macbook

How to setup web server on Macbook

Want some help to setup a web server on macbook. I got some files from a developer. It is a full backup of my site. I cannot view them properly. He said that I have to configure a web server on my Mac system and then I can view each and every page. I can also modify the same.

I want to check whether my site is proper or not. There are few things which I had told the developer to add. And do not want to upload it on server unless it is perfect. So the option to test this is using a web server on macbook.

Re: How to setup web server on Macbook

Macbook comes with web server feature. you just have to turn that thing on and it will start working. To run a web server you need Apache and MySQL. And Mac comes preloaded with apache. You can search that in Mac software's.

Turn it on and then type localhost/sitename in the web browser. It will open up.
    Or you can run python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000 command in terminal to turn it on.

It will work. But if this fails then you can try many third party tools which are similar to xamp.

Re: How to setup web server on Macbook

Quote Originally Posted by The User View Post

Turn it on and then type localhost/sitename in the web browser. It will open up.
    Or you can run python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000 command in terminal to turn it on.
    If you go with using Terminal then it will very complicated for you to setup the web server. It is best if you can go with a third party software. In which you just have to turn it on. You can download and install MAMP on your system.

This is a virtual web server which works similar to xampp. And you just need one click to turn it on. This one comes with apache, mysql, php, python, perl, etc.

You don't need anything here. It will work well and you don't have any issue with configuring your web server.