Thread: Slow video capture on Mac OS X Lion

Slow video capture on Mac OS X Lion

I am trying to make some tutorial videos based on Corel Draw. I had started the default video capture program that comes in the Mac system. I am not able to figure out why it is so slow. My mouse cursor takes a long time to move from one place to another and sometime it is not visible also. And when I switch off the video capture it starts working fine. I have enough memory on my system. I am quite sure the problem is with the video capture tool.

Is there certain settings to make it fast? Please help.

Re: Slow video capture on Mac OS X Lion

Download Quick Time player on your Mac system. You can find that on Mac store. And if you have this already then you can record some good videos through this. Just launch the tool and click on File and click on New Screen Recording. A blank recording window will appear.

You can also record audio here. Now launch your program and click on the recording button. A stop recording button will appear on the top menu. You can click on that to finalize the video. It works well compare to other tools.

Re: Slow video capture on Mac OS X Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Avery View Post
    I am trying to make some tutorial videos based on Corel Draw. I had started the default video capture program that comes in the Mac system. I am not able to figure out why it is so slow. My mouse cursor takes a long time to move from one place to another and sometime it is not visible also. And when I switch off the video capture it starts working fine. I have enough memory on my system. I am quite sure the problem is with the video capture tool.
    Try to turn off all your background programs when you are recording a screen video. That is going to help you more in getting a good performance. When you are recording and if there is anything which is working in the background then things will be really slow. You have to turn those things off.

There are so many tools available on Mac store through which you can record videos. If one is not working then use another. Screenomatic is a good one. It works directly from the browser.