Thread: Microsoft Surface Onscreen keyboard not working in web browser

Microsoft Surface Onscreen keyboard not working in web browser

Does anyone face issue with using onscreen keyboard on Microsoft Surface? I am quiet not able to figure out why this is not working. I had tried using it but sometime it appear and sometime it does not. This only happen in the web browser. In email, or in face book the keyboard popup instantly. But when I open any browser like Internet Explorer it does not appear. I thought this would be easier to use but even Surface tablets are buggy. It is a huge waste of time. I had tried to check the settings but can't find anything.

Re: Microsoft Surface Onscreen keyboard not working in web browser

Just switch the browser. If you had used Firefox then test on chrome first. The keyboard is triggered whenever you tap on a box which has text input. And in Internet Explorer the tablet OS is not able to identify the same.

Due to which you are not getting the keyboard to type. You can go in control panel and check the keyboard settings once. It has a separate section for keyboard. Just tap on that and see if it is disabled for browser.

You can just set all the settings on default and check once again. Try chrome also.

Re: Microsoft Surface Onscreen keyboard not working in web browser

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Astor View Post
    Does anyone face issue with using onscreen keyboard on Microsoft Surface? I am quiet not able to figure out why this is not working. I had tried using it but sometime it appear and sometime it does not. This only happen in the web browser. In email, or in face book the keyboard popup instantly. But when I open any browser like Internet Explorer it does not appear. I thought this would be easier to use but even Surface tablets are buggy. It is a huge waste of time. I had tried to check the settings but can't find anything.
    Go in the setting and there try to find out keyboard stuff. You have to different type of keyboard layouts. You can choose a different one to get the popup on your screen. I think the current layout that you have might not be coming up on the screen.

And if you change the layout you might get the same. There must be a lite version of the keyboard also available. Try the lighter one and check back. If that does not work then try to run a full restore and then try back. This might fix the issue.