Thread: Converting Flac file to mp3 on Windows Vista

Converting Flac file to mp3 on Windows Vista

I got a set of audio files by friend. He said he had copied this from Mac pc. This are in flac format. And Windows Media Player is unable to read any of this. I want some help to convert them to mp3 without losing the audio quality. And then I can move them in my mobile phone which will be good. There are around 220 files in the folder. I am not sure about any good audio convertor. I found some free one but they does not have any support for converting flac to mp3. I want to convert all of them at once.

Re: Converting Flac file to mp3 on Windows Vista

You can run those files in VLC media player. You can convert them to a readable mp3 file format which is easier to manage. Along with reading the file vlc also has a feature through which you can convert the file in mp3. But I am not sure that it can convert all the files at once.

You can do them one by one if you want. You have to just click on file and convert. You have to load the file and choose the output format. That's it. It will start converting without messing with the quality of audio files you have.

The best tool for converting those audio files in a quality mp3 format is Bigasoft FLAC Converter. That is because it does not mess with the audio compression.

I had seen most to the convertors will screw up the sound quality and you can notice that while listening. But in Bigasoft FLAC Converter you will get a good or even better if you change the settings. But the file size will get bigger.

Just download this. The trail edition will give you limited features. But if you get the full one then you can convert all the files at the same time.

I know a great FLAC Converter named Faasoft Audio Converter which supports to convert FLAC to MP3, WAV, AAC, AC3, AIFF, M4A, etc or convert other audio files to FLAC like MP3 to FLAC, WAV to FLAC, etc.