Thread: Custom Recovery failed on Huawei Ascend Y300 after root

Custom Recovery failed on Huawei Ascend Y300 after root

I had rooted Huawei Ascend Y300 first and then went ahead installing custom recovery on it. But I do not know why it is not working. I had flashed the zip file and the phone does not boot in recovery mode. I am using a the official rom which I want to remove and add a nice slim kat. I had downloaded all required files. This rom installation wants me to add TWRP recover without which flashing won't work. I am not able to figure out where I am doing mistake.

Re: Custom Recovery failed on Huawei Ascend Y300 after root

Such issue appear when rooting fails. It happens that even after you had done the rooting thing the settings are not applied. For that you have to start checking out the rooting status. And you can do that through root checker app. You can find that on Google Play. Install it and check the rooting status.

If it shows that rooting is not done, then you have to try once again and this time try to replace the files which you are using. Flash things properly and done. You can go ahead installing different ROMs.

Re: Custom Recovery failed on Huawei Ascend Y300 after root

Luckily there are few good guides on web that will give you the proper rooting process. The process starts by requesting a unlock code from the official site. This is somewhat similar to HTC rooting.

You have to get a unlock code from the manufacturer's website or else the pone won't get rooted. So do that first. There are different zip files available which are used for unlocking the bootloader.

You have to locate one based on your region and phone firmware. You cannot run any type of files.