Thread: Android L like Floating Notifications Banner on Galaxy Note 2

Android L like Floating Notifications Banner on Galaxy Note 2

I am not able to find any Android L launcher for Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The best feature that I like is the floating banner of notification on the home screen. That looks really awesome. It is very interesting. You don't have to simply keep going in the notification bar to open up different notifications.

I want this on my phone and I had seen a video for the same on YouTube. But the person had not shown how to install the same. I hope adding this does not require any kind of rooting stuff. Because I had not done anything in my device.

Please help. Appreciated.

Re: Android L like Floating Notifications Banner on Galaxy Note 2

You don't have to do the rooting stuff here. Because this thing is added in the phone as separate feature. That means it will be run through app called as Floatify - Smart Notifications. It is very much similar to Android L notification. You just have to install the app on your device and you will need to configure the same. This app will give you a customizable floating notification bar. You can open the same from bottom or from the top side. It has ample of settings through which you can make it effective in usage.

Re: Android L like Floating Notifications Banner on Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by desidude View Post
    You don't have to do the rooting stuff here. Because this thing is added in the phone as separate feature. That means it will be run through app called as Floatify - Smart Notifications. It is very much similar to Android L notification. You just have to install the app on your device and you will need to configure the same. This app will give you a customizable floating notification bar. You can open the same from bottom or from the top side. It has ample of settings through which you can make it effective in usage.
    I am using this. It is really awesome. I was not aware that this is a Android L Feature. It works great if you are having a big screen phone. You can get all your notification from the bottom side. The app will open up the stacked notification which are scrollable. You can tap on the same to open up relative application.

The good part of using this app is that it offer you choice through which you can get notification as per your need. Like if you do not want facebook updates you can remove that from the list.