Thread: Samsung sidesync connection timed out, wont connect at all

Samsung sidesync connection timed out, wont connect at all

Hi, i am having a Galaxy Grand 2 which just got updated to Android 4.4 Kitkat. Since a long time i wanted to to use Samsung SideSync software that allows us to do screen sharing as well as share pc keyboard and mouse. But the system requirements of SideSync says we need to be running on Android 4.4 or above. Well my Grand 2 is now running Kitkat.

But here is the problem. I just installed SideSync on my Windows PC and and also Android client from Google Play to my phone. But:

Problem 1: Mobile phone only tries to connect over WiFi.. there is no option to change it to USB Connection mode.

Problem 2: Although both PC and Phone are connected on the same WiFi Network, it wont connect ever. Always say "Connection Timed out". Like this:

Problem 3: In the PC client, there are some options greyed out, not allowing me to change.

Need urgent help fixing these problems and connecting the phone via sidesync. Thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung sidesync connection timed out, wont connect at all

Did you enabled USB Debugging before running SudeSync on your phone? If not do it because in order to connect the phone and PC via USB cable, Sidesync requires USB debugging. you might have got such pop up on your phone:

Help appreciated buddy. you were right my USB debugging was turned off. But even after turning it on, i am still not able to connect via USB. Also i didnt received any pop up saying to turn on usb debugging.

Wifi is till getting timed out. What is wrong? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Help appreciated buddy. you were right my USB debugging was turned off. But even after turning it on, i am still not able to connect via USB. Also i didnt received any pop up saying to turn on usb debugging.

Wifi is till getting timed out. What is wrong? Please help.
    I think i got something useful for you. Even i am having Grand 2, upgraded it to Kitkat 4.4.2 today noon. But still when i am trying to download SideSync Android client from play store, it says "App is not compatible with my device".

Also when i tried installing it from Samsung Apps, it is not showing up any result while searching for Samsung SideSync. See this:

So, this clearly means that the app is not still compatible with Galaxy Grand 2, even if it is running on Kitkat. I am wondering how did you managed to install the app on your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    So, this clearly means that the app is not still compatible with Galaxy Grand 2, even if it is running on Kitkat. I am wondering how did you managed to install the app on your phone?
    Yes, neither Google Play nor Samsung apps was allowing me to install it, hence i downloaded APK file using Evozi and installed it manually on phone. Is that the matter i am not able to connect using USB? But what about WiFi? Both devices are connected to the same router, right?

That could be the reason behind its in-functionality.

By the way, what brand is your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Master View Post
    That could be the reason behind its in-functionality.

By the way, what brand is your computer?
    Mine is self assembled PC running on Windows 7. Does it matters ?

Oh Yes, that matters. You must have read the system requirements properly about SideSync.

Although it requires Android 4.4 Kitkat running smartphones or tablets, but it also requires only Samsung running devices. Similarly, it also requires only Samsung branded Computers. Check this official statement about SideSync.

SideSync is Samsung's owned software which is made only for Samsung devices. You cannot use it on any other devices. So....
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Thank you very much Moderator. I wasn't aware of this.

Appreciated.

Able to use sidesync 3.0 on my Acer laptop with Windows 8. it connects over the wi-fi. However, the USB option doesnt seem to work.

Tried with Lenovo, wi-fi and usb doesnt seem to work.