Thread: Unable to use SD Card with Moto G 4G

Unable to use SD Card with Moto G 4G

My Moto G 4G is not able to identify a brand new 32GB micro sd card. I bought the LTE version from Amazon. The phone is amazing and works well. It does not lag or freeze with multiple applications. When I had inserted the sd card it remains undetected. I had connected the phone to my pc through usb cable and only the phone storage is visible. The SD card is not there. The card is from Kingston and it is a brand new card.

What can be the problem? I had tried factory reset but it is also not helping. Any other solution please?

Re: Unable to use SD Card with Moto G 4G

The issue can be with card compatibility. There are different card class and you must check that before buying. You can find the information of sd card support in the specification of Moto G 4G. I think you are using a wrong card.

It is good if you can return that and get a refund. I had seen a few topics on other site which are based on the same discussion. The issue lies with card class compatibility. A user who had bought SanDisk 32GB Class 10 card was not working with Moto G 4G.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    When I had inserted the sd card it remains undetected. I had connected the phone to my pc through usb cable and only the phone storage is visible. The SD card is not there. The card is from Kingston and it is a brand new card.
    Can you just confirm if SD card is not faulty by putting it in some other phone or any device with MicroSD card slot?

Hello musician,

yes the card is working good in one of my Nokia phone. But not in this Moto g.

My friend has got the same issue. He had bought a class 10 card before. But it failed to detect in the phone. Later on we replaced that and bought a Class 6 16GB card from Samsung. And it is working really fine. There is no issue with the same. I will recommend you to do the same. If a 32GB card is not working then you can go with a 16GB one. That might surely work. There are ample of card models on the Amazon. Just check through the specs which one is good for your phone.