Thread: Why do downloaded PC game saves NOT work in the Steam version of AC IV ?

Why do downloaded PC game saves NOT work in the Steam version of AC IV ?

Why do downloaded game saves NOT work in the steam version of AC IV ? It's making me crazy because importing and replacing saved games with AC III worked easily.

I purchased Thief on Steam, started the game, am in Havana...trying to get to the point where you can free-roam rather than going thru the tedious tutorial missions.

I Imported downloaded saved games to the correct Ubisoft launcher folder & replaced mine....they show up but it says - start new game - every single time..grrrrr......can anyone tell me how to get saves to be recognized? I have tried multiple files, including the converted format save files...still not recognized.
    Would greatly appreciate it!

Re: Why do downloaded PC game saves NOT work in the Steam version of AC IV ?

Quote Originally Posted by PopoB View Post
    Why do downloaded game saves NOT work in the steam version of AC IV ?

I purchased Thief on Steam, started the game, am in Havana...trying to get to the point where you can free-roam rather than going thru the tedious tutorial missions.

I Imported downloaded saved games to the correct Ubisoft launcher folder & replaced mine
    First of all can you PLEASE make me clear whether you are having problem with Assassins Creed 4 or Thief game? Thief is Square Enix's game while AC4 is Ubisoft's game.

You talking about purchasing Thief on steam and then talking for AC IV saves? What is the exact problem dude?

I too agree with BadBoy. Even i would like to know what is your exact problem? What are you trying to do?

Is it Thief or AC4 or Steam or PC giving you problem?

Hi----sorry, I had been discussing Thief on another forum and my brain must have shorted out. The AC4 saved games not work on the Steam-purchased version of AC4. They are in the correct Ubisoft folder and show up but that's it. And if so, can anyone suggest a link that has saves for the Steam version? Thank you!