Thread: Google Search 3.5.14 update adds 'Ok Google' detection from any screen of the phone

Google Search 3.5.14 update adds 'Ok Google' detection from any screen of the phone

At the Google I/O Google announced an update to their Android Google Search app also. The app is now updated to version 3.5.14 which now supports the "OK Google" hotword detection from any where on the phone. I mean, if you are browsing or accessing any application, just speak "OK Google" and it will open the Google Search.

Earlier we were only able to to do this after opening Google Search, but now we can do it from any screen or anywhere on the phone. If you remember, Moto X was only the phone which came preloaded with such feature but now it is available in all Android devices with latest Google Search version.

Re: Google Search 3.5.14 update adds 'Ok Google' detection from any screen of the phone

Yes, even i saw this feature today morning in my Nexus phone. Now the search has become very useful. I mean, earlier i needed to tap the mic icon and then speak the search phrase but now, i dont need to do it anymore. just speak up "Ok Google" and done.

For those who dont know how to do this, here are the steps with screenshots. Have a look:

First of all you will need to open Google Search by tapping the mic or search area.Then scroll at the bottom and tap on settings icon at right bottom. Now Tap on Voice Menu > and tap on OK Google Detection. Here you will get the following options:

Check mark the boxes according your need. Last box is to make the phone detect OK Google from lock screen also.

Re: Google Search 3.5.14 update adds 'Ok Google' detection from any screen of the phone

Hey guys, i need some help from you all. I use this Google Search more frequently but the new features are not available on my phone. When i check the app version, it says 3.4 something. See this:

You can see the version in the first image, it is not 3.5.14 like yours. But when i went to Google Play to update, it says mine is the latest. Then from where did you get the updated one (v3.5.14)? Also in the 3rd picture you can see there is no such options in my Google Search as you have in the screenshot above.

Can you please give me the APK of latest Google Search 3.5.14? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by HAASHIM View Post
    Can you please give me the APK of latest Google Search 3.5.14? Thanks in advance.
    Google started rolling out the update just couple of days ago. So it may take some time to reach your region/country. You should wait for couple of days more. And if you cannot wait, then simply download APK from here and install it manually.

Although this version was available on my phone but there were no such options and boxes to check mark but after getting the Kitkat update recently on my Grand 2, i got those options. So, users much also know that you get these features only if you are running on Android 4.4 kitkat or above.