Thread: Installing Firefox OS in Motorola Moto G

Installing Firefox OS in Motorola Moto G

As my title suggests, i wanted to know is it possible to install Firefox OS in Motorola Moto G ? Has anyone tried the same ?

I just want to test this. Many says that Firefox OS is extremely light. It also provide you a good battery life. So for testing purpose I want to install this on Motorola Moto G. My device is already rooted. And I had installed a few custom rom. This time I want to test something really different. But I am not able to find any custom rom based on Firefox OS.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Installing Firefox OS in Motorola Moto G

Personally i haven't tried but i guess it might not work on Moto G. It is required to properly port the operating system on Motorola Moto G. If you have a android phone then the best thing you can do is go ahead with using android only. Don't attempt to install any other OS because that cause the issue.

I had seen people trying to install windows on android also which is not at all possible. Because there is a huge difference between the hardware support.

Re: Installing Firefox OS in Motorola Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by The Nexus View Post
    As my title suggests, i wanted to know is it possible to install Firefox OS in Motorola Moto G ? Has anyone tried the same ?
    There are few test already going on the same. I have a process which I am going to mention and you can try this. It's for Mac system. Launch terminal and type brew install android-platform-tools. This is for configuring adb on os x. Then flash the phone by typing ./flash.sh. After that you have to find the right OS version based on the mobile phone. Just flash the same and test that. It will work.