Thread: Unable to install Windows 8.1 on 512MB RAM

Unable to install Windows 8.1 on 512MB RAM

I am trying to install Windows 8 on my laptop. It has a dual core processor and 512mb ram. On the setup screen when I am trying to run the setup I am getting a ram error. It says that the ram here is less than 512mb. I want a bit help here to install it.

What should I do? Does Windows 8 wont work on 512mb ram? I want to test this operating system on my pc and if it works then I will get more ram. Please provide me some suggestions.

Re: Unable to install Windows 8.1 on 512MB RAM

To run Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 you need at least 1GB ram. This is the official system requirement of this operating system. You cannot install the OS without having that much ram. For processor you can manage 1Ghz.

But to get optimum output you must have 2GB ram. That will make windows 8 work more better. You must not try to install the same. Even windows 7 will not work fine on 512mb ram.

Re: Unable to install Windows 8.1 on 512MB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Parker View Post
    I am trying to install Windows 8 on my laptop. It has a dual core processor and 512mb ram. On the setup screen when I am trying to run the setup I am getting a ram error. It says that the ram here is less than 512mb. I want a bit help here to install it.
    Windows 8 is heavier compare to the older operating system. It has a Metro UI which needs more ram to work finally. I had tested the operating system on 1GB ram where it work slow. If you install a antivirus or any other application then the system will simply slow down. Just buy a 1GB ram stick and add that in your laptop. You will have in total 1.5GB ram and that will work great.