Thread: How can I restore the IMEI folder in Galaxy Note 3 and other Samsung devices

How can I restore the IMEI folder in Galaxy Note 3 and other Samsung devices

After rooting and flashing the factory rom I had seen many people face problem with their network. That is because of wrong imei number. A few ROMs which are released in the market comes with modified EFS folder that crate serious problem and restoration at that moment is not possible. I am looking for some option through which I can restore a imei number if network problem appear after flashing the rom. Does there is any way for doing this.

Re: How can I restore the IMEI folder in Galaxy Note 3 and other Samsung devices

Yes you can do that. But I know the procedure only for Samsung Galaxy S3.

You will have to backup the EFS folder to restore your imei number. This works most of the time.

To do this you will also have to root your mobile. It is not going to work on a unrooted device. Then you need a good file manager which can give you access to the root folder. You have to backup the EFS folder first and then replace that back to the exact location when there are network problem.

Re: How can I restore the IMEI folder in Galaxy Note 3 and other Samsung devices

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ken View Post
    A few ROMs which are released in the market comes with modified EFS folder that crate serious problem and restoration at that moment is not possible. I am looking for some option through which I can restore a imei number if network problem appear after flashing the rom. Does there is any way for doing this.
    For restoration just download Root Explorer on your pc. This will help you to locate the efs folder. You have to remove two files through it. The first is nv_data.bin and the second one is nv_data.bin.md5.

This is the modified imei. You can take backup before flashing your phone with a custom rom. It is quiet easy and works most of the time. It is a good idea to backup your imei number.

There are few pending things not mentioned here. You have to using Root Explorer as mentioned above. Then you have to remove nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 from the EFS folder. This is in Root Explorer on your pc.

Then you have to go in the SD card of your phone and copy the IMEI folder to the EFS of your mobile phone. You will find .nv_data in it. Just make a copy of this file before moving. You can later on rename the file to restore your imei number. Then you can use adb on your pc. Type adb shell and hit enter.

Then type Su and hit enter. Once done the last command you have to give is chown 1001:radio /efs/nv_data.bin.