Thread: How to turn off Driver Signature in Windows 8

How to turn off Driver Signature in Windows 8

I am trying to setup a dial modem on my pc and I am getting a driver error. I called the customer care and they said I have to turn off Driver Signature. What is this thing. I am trying to do this in Windows 8. The same thing works really work on Windows 7 before, but after upgrading many of my devices have stopped working. I am unable to figure out the reason behind this. Can anyone help me to turn this thing off.

Re: How to turn off Driver Signature in Windows 8

Driver Signature limits driver installation. Due to which you’re a few hardware will not work properly. Luckily in Windows there is an option available through which you can disable the same.

This will also you to install all the drivers. For that go in the charm bar and there you can see settings icon. Click on it. Then click on Change PC Settings. Go in General > Advanced Startup. And then click on Restart Now.

Once the pc restarts hit 7 from your keyboard and done.

Re: How to turn off Driver Signature in Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard14 View Post
    I am trying to setup a dial modem on my pc and I am getting a driver error. I called the customer care and they said I have to turn off Driver Signature. What is this thing. I am trying to do this in Windows 8. The same thing works really work on Windows 7 before, but after upgrading many of my devices have stopped working. I am unable to figure out the reason behind this. Can anyone help me to turn this thing off.
    I had installed a few unsigned drivers through EasyBCD. You can download and install this tool in your system. Just add this and there you can find an advance option. Just click on that. You can here load the unsigned drivers. You might get a security risk message but ignore that. In this way you can install a bit outdated drivers in your system and it also works really fine. Just test this one.