Thread: How can I disable Windows Media Player Sharing in Windows 8

How can I disable Windows Media Player Sharing in Windows 8

I want to turn off Windows Media Player Sharing in Windows 8. I had seen the songs are accessible through wifi and there are few videos also.

After checking on Google I found this thing is enabled by turning on Windows Media Player Sharing. But in Windows 8 I am unable to find the exact steps to turn these things off. I had also tried checking in settings.

So, can anyone here please tell me where are the settings for Media Player Sharing is located ? Please help soon.

Re: How can I disable Windows Media Player Sharing in Windows 8

Your songs are in Windows Media Player library due to which they are visible on other system. You can remove them from the library.

First check in My Documents/Music folder. If all audio files here then you can move them. You can do the same for video also. There is no need to turn off entire sharing. Just remove the audio files from the library and the job is done. Those files will not work in other media player.

Re: How can I disable Windows Media Player Sharing in Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shikhar_A View Post
    I want to turn off Windows Media Player Sharing in Windows 8. I had seen the songs are accessible through wifi and there are few videos also.
    Windows Media Player has this media sharing feature that help people to share the audio files among each other. It works well on the wifi. To turn this thing off you have to go in Control Panel.

I am going to give you the manual option through which it will be turn off and you can start it back by following the same steps. Go in Control Panel first and there you have to look for Administrative Tools. Just click on Service inside that. You will find a Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service in the list. Right click on that and choose stop.

That's it, sharing is off now.