Thread: How to return to Stock ROM after OTA in HTC One M8

How to return to Stock ROM after OTA in HTC One M8

I am not happy with the device rooting. I had did that long back on HTC One M8. Now after a OTA update everything is screwed up. A few feature are not working in it. I had tried many options but still the issue is same. I want some way through which I can simply get back to Stock ROM. I want the default factory rom back again. Is there a way to restore the old settings? I am unable to find anything in the phone. So somebody please help.

Re: How to return to Stock ROM after OTA in HTC One M8

You have to reflash the stock rom for that. Or else it is not going to work. I had seen people are not happy when they move ahead with rooting and installing custom roms.

Here you have to first find the original firmware of your device and then try that to flash on your phone.

You can do that by simple recovery process. You need TWRP or CWM recovery for that. just move the file to sd card and flash it.

That is just a half process. I am going to give you detail process. We are going to use Pure Stock for that. And it for TWRP Recovery. I am not aware about the CWM procedure. Just check the below steps:

• Download Root Explorer and Pure Stock.

• Extract the content of Pure Stock and then double click on a folder that is named a HT43ASF08359

• You have to move 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H folder to the TWRP folder. The location is TWRP folder > Backup folder > Phone Marker folder. Just move the file and then reboot.

I have to reflash my phone with TWRP Recovery. I am using CWM and there is no Phone Marker folder. After searching a lot for that I found that Phone Marker Folder is generated by TWRP Recovery. It is used for backups. I am going to reflash the phone with new recovery and try the above process. I want the official rom back.