Thread: Lumia 920 Asphalt 8 Update Error 80070057

Lumia 920 Asphalt 8 Update Error 80070057

I am using Lumia 920 Smartphone. I had installed Asphalt 8 on that. I had done that through SD card by copying the installation files in it. The game is installed. When I launch it, the game is asking for some updates. And it is crashing with a Error 80070057.

I am not able to figure out the reason behind this crash. The update is not working. Game files of Asphalt 8 is really large. It is around 2GB which eat the sd card space. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Lumia 920 Asphalt 8 Update Error 80070057

I hope your internet connection is active. And you are not playing a pirated games. I had seen people face this error when they installed pirated game from the net. You get the game files and you just have to move them.

But when you launch the game verify the license on the web and crash. You have to download it back again from Windows store once again. There are some unstable files due to which you are facing error.

Re: Lumia 920 Asphalt 8 Update Error 80070057

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I am using Lumia 920 Smartphone. I had installed Asphalt 8 on that. I had done that through SD card by copying the installation files in it. The game is installed. When I launch it, the game is asking for some updates. And it is crashing with a Error 80070057.
    I am playing the same game on my android tablet where it works really well and it is not crashing. I am able to get proper output. I had installed it through Google Play. After installing the apk file there was a huge update which take really long time to install. But it is working really nice. I think you are trying to install the game manually due to which it is crashing. You have to follow the official method.