Thread: Wi-Fi wont connect on HTC One M8

Wi-Fi wont connect on HTC One M8

My HTC One M8 is unable to connect to wifi. This is a new phone that is bought a couple of days before from T-Mobile store. I am having a router is lock by WEP security. I have few other android devices also which works really well but this phone is having some problem. It fails to connect. I had also tested by setting near to the router. The wifi connects but when the phone wake back from the sleep mode it is disconnected automatically. And then it keeps on reconnecting. Any idea what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Re: Wi-Fi wont connect on HTC One M8

Can be some problem with the internal settings. Go in Settings and see if there is any power mode or power settings. Go in that and check everything. This kind of devices has power option. When then phone is on sleep it disconnect the wifi.

You can just disable that. Though it is a good feature, but sometime it creates problem with reconnection. So turning it off will be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Honour View Post
    My HTC One M8 is unable to connect to wifi. This is a new phone that is bought a couple of days before from T-Mobile store. I am having a router is lock by WEP security. I have few other android devices also which works really well but this phone is having some problem. It fails to connect.
    My friend own a similar model. He had bought the device last week and it is working perfectly fine. There is no disconnection issue. You can troubleshoot that by simply restoring the device factory settings.

Backup your phone data before doing that. Once restored then try to configure everything back again. If still it fail to work then you have to take it to the service center for help.

Factory reset must resolve this issue. One M8 is a great device. It is really sad to find that this type of devices have such problem. I hope there will be a fix for that. One thing is possible that sometime a few defective devices are released and many sellers give you 7 days replacement warranty. You get a brand new product if the fault is found. So just replace it before it is too late.