Thread: How to remove FBI Ransomware virus

How to remove FBI Ransomware virus

I had got a email a week before. My friend accidentally opened it and downloaded the attachment. Now I am getting a constant FBI Ransomware popup on the screen. The FBI warning ask for some $100 cost. I had searched on internet and found that this is a virus. How to remove this.

It is quiet irritating. The popup keeps on appearing on the screen every time when I work. Somebody please help me to get to rid of this annoying stuff from my computer.

Re: How to remove FBI Ransomware virus

Microsoft Security Essentials is capable of dealing with this kind of threats. You must try to scan your system in safe mode to get a bit more help. Restart your pc and hit F8 constant upon reboot. You will get a safe mode menu on the screen. If you had not installed MSE then add it and scan it. It will catch the file and wipe it out and you will stop getting those error messages.

Quote Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
    I had got a email a week before. My friend accidentally opened it and downloaded the attachment. Now I am getting a constant FBI Ransomware popup on the screen. The FBI warning ask for some $100 cost.
    It is a nasty malware. I had also got the same a few month ago. I got a message and thought that this was something important. I had opened it and downloaded the attached file. The virus just entered my system. I had tried many things. Even MSE does not work on it.

You have to backup your data and format your system. Then only this will go or else it will keep on coming back again and again.

Scan your pc with HijackThis. The tool will give you details of each and every application running in the system background. At the end you will get a log file.

Local services associated with the fake tool. And you can delete the files manually. Use CCleaner to optimize and clean your system. It also has a register cleaner which will also help you to fix the problem.