Thread: Need for Speed Rivals wont detect save games

Need for Speed Rivals wont detect save games

Hi, this is my very first post, hope it is going into right section. I am here to get some help regarding Need for Speed Rivals. I was playing this on my Laptop earlier, which is freezing weirdly now. As soon as i start the game, my laptop gets just freeze and i cannot do anything else expect a hard boot. Tried many things to fix, but no help.

Somehow, i backed up my save games, installed the game on my computer and put the save files in its respective directory. But the problem is when i start the game, it takes me to the beginning whereas i have progressed to long in my save files. In other words, game is not detecting my save games on the desktop computer.

Any idea what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Re: Need for Speed Rivals wont detect save games

Not always, but most of the times when game has any problems, it corrupts the save files as well. I have faced it twice with two different games. This could be the cause in your case. So, what you need to do is, try downloading some another save file from web, and paste them to your save game directory and start the game. See if it detects the new file.

If you want you can download the Save Games right here from this forum. It works good, i have used them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeeDer View Post
    Somehow, i backed up my save games, installed the game on my computer and put the save files in its respective directory. But the problem is when i start the game, it takes me to the beginning whereas i have progressed to long in my save files. In other words, game is not detecting my save games on the desktop computer.

Any idea what is wrong and how can i fix it?
    Hello speeder. If i am not wrong, you only backed up the save file and not the settings and profiles settings files, right?

This is the cause why your computer is not able to detect the save games. Along with the saves you also need the settings and profile file to play where you left the game. So, go ahead and copy those other two files also and paste it in your save directory it will work.

Yes, you are right Zowie. I only copied a single .sav file. But the problem is now i have formatted my laptop and there are no older files left of the game.

What should i do now. Thanks again.

Well, then there is only way. Download a new Save Game along with other required files attached with this post and copy it to your save game directory. I dont know where you left the game, but this save file will be very useful for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files