Thread: How to remove Ads from Kindle tabs

How to remove Ads from Kindle tabs

I bought a brand new Kindle last month, which is also my first ever Kindle e-reader. I am still learning to use it. There's one thing i dont know how to do and hence came to here. As mentioned in the title, can anyone of you guys please tell me how do we remove the Advertisements from my Kindle? There doesn't seems to be any option for the same?

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to remove Ads from Kindle tabs

Unfortunately it is a pain, really. If you need to remove the Ads from your Kindle, you will actually need to pay a fee of about $20 to Amazon. Yeah, it is true.

You can do this by going to Amazon.com and sign in to your Kindle Dashboard. Further click on Manage your Device. This will bring up your registered Kindle tab. If you haven't registered yet, do it now. Once done, Click on Edit. You will find it next to Special Offers link. Now follow the on screen instructions and make the payment. Then you will have an Ads free kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by nasss View Post
    But can you also please tell me how do i need to contact them? I mean is there any phone number of URL for the same?
    Sign in to your Amazon account, go to Contact US page, select your Kindle make from the list, click Issues, click Kindle Device, click Kindle with Special Offers and finally click on Problems claiming offers. Wait for few minutes until an executive comes to the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhatri View Post
    Unfortunately it is a pain, really. If you need to remove the Ads from your Kindle, you will actually need to pay a fee of about $20 to Amazon. Yeah, it is true.
    That is ridiculous. I am not going to pay a single dollar for the same. I dont know what kind of system they have where i need to pay in order to remove the ads from my own kindle.

You both guys are correct. There is a fee to remove ads but why should we pay if we already paid for the product. However, there is an alternate way of getting rid of the Advertisements from your Kindle device, but only if you are out of US region.

Here is the point. Most of the advertisements are actually special offers for their customers who reside in USA. So, if you are from any rest of the countries, you just need to contact Amazon Customer Care and tell them to cancel the special offers as you cannot claim any of them because you are not in USA. They will cancel the same immediately and absolutely free.

Thank you very much for your valuable reply Innis. But can you also please tell me how do i need to contact them? I mean is there any phone number of URL for the same?

Quote Originally Posted by nasss View Post
    But can you also please tell me how do i need to contact them? I mean is there any phone number of URL for the same?
    Sign in to your Amazon account, go to Contact US page, select your Kindle make from the list, click Issues, click Kindle Device, click Kindle with Special Offers and finally click on Problems claiming offers. Wait for few minutes until an executive comes to the chat.