Thread: Unable to download Firmware update on Lumia 920, stuck on 0%

Unable to download Firmware update on Lumia 920, stuck on 0%

As my title says, i'm not able to download the firmware update on my Nokia Lumia 920. As we know its been about couple of weeks Nokia released the Black Update, i got the notification for the same couple of day ago but it is not downloading on my phone. I'm connected on WiFi and already tried restarting the phone few times, but yet the same problem. Few of my friends using Lumia has successfully updated the firmware successfully but the problem is with only my phone.

Any idea what is wrong? How can i fix this issue?

Re: Unable to download Firmware update on Lumia 920, stuck on 0%

If it is not downloading on OTA, you can also get the firmware using Zune. Zune is official PC Suite and lots more for all your Windows Phones. Download and install the same, connect your phone using USB cable and go to Firmware option in Zune. Follow the onscreen instructions update the firmware.

If you still come across any problem, let me know. Hopefully you should not get any more problem.

Hi freak, i appreciate your help but that too din't helped. I installed Zune on my Windows 7 laptop, as you said, connected the phone and tried to download the firmware, but guess what... exactly the same problem with Zune as well. It starts downloading but stuck on 2% now.

Damn.. what and where is wrong?

Hey guys, here is something important.

Just a soft reset which is suggested above is not gonna help at all because I too have struggled with exactly the same problem and managed to fix it after a week of workaround. Actually the problem is because of your battery saver feature (atleast it was in my case). Unless and until you turn off the battery saver, it is not gonna work.

So what you need to do is first turn off the battery saver, then turn off the phone and follow the process (Volume Down + Power Key) mentioned above to boot. Once booted, try downloading the firmware. It will go smoothly.

You are welcome in Advance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    So what you need to do is first turn off the battery saver, then turn off the phone and follow the process (Volume Down + Power Key) mentioned above to boot. Once booted, try downloading the firmware. It will go smoothly.
    Quite confident, you should be. That really worked like a charm. It was the battery saver as you said. Turning it off fixed the problem. Be lated Thank you very much.