Thread: Adobe Flash doesn't work in Internet Explorer 11

Adobe Flash doesn't work in Internet Explorer 11

Facing some serious and annoying problems since upgraded to Internet explorer 11. Everything was working good until i was using IE 10, but after upgrading to v11, every time i visit site like youtube it tells me to install Adobe Flash, although flash is already installed. I get this message on all sites which requires Flash to work.

So i uninstalled Flash from the system, download the latest version again and installed. Guess what, still i get the same message. Surprisingly, it is only in Internet Explorer itself, rest of browsers like Firefox, Chrome, etc working fine. They play Youtube videos good, on the same PC.

Is it like Internet Explorer 11 wont support Adobe Flash? Or am i missing some settings or anything? Please help.

Re: Adobe Flash doesn't work in Internet Explorer 11

Personally i face many such problems with IE, hence i prefer to use Chrome or Firefox. Anyways, coming to your problem, as you said although Flash is installed but is not working with IE 11, you should better try installing Microsoft Silverlight. As both are Microsoft's product, i guess they might have made IE 11 in such way to bring users to Silverlight.

Give a try, it should work fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by fantom View Post
    Is it like Internet Explorer 11 wont support Adobe Flash? Or am i missing some settings or anything? Please help.

As you said the flash is not working only with IE, it means the problem is with IE only. Instead of doing any other further troubleshooting I will suggest you to simply Reset your browser to factoring settings. This will definitely fix the problem. If you donít know how to reset, here it is:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
    • Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
    • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    • When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.

Thatís it you are done. Now see if you are able to play youtube on IE.

I appreciate your help Shayam but installing Silverlight fixed the problem. However, sometimes videos wont play until i refresh the page, sometimes. So, if the frequency of the problem increases, i'll surely give a try resetting the browser. Thanks though.