Thread: Are third party accessories still working with Galaxy Note 3 after Kitkat update

Are third party accessories still working with Galaxy Note 3 after Kitkat update

Hi, i bought a Galaxy Note 3 just 2 days ago and today i received Kitkat 4.4.2 update. But before i update the same, i wanted to confirm where anyone here updated the same and is the device working good? I read somewhere (last week) that Galaxy Note 3 users are facing some problem with accessories after upgrading to Kitkat 4.4.2. Hence would like to hear personal experience with somebody who has already updated. Also,what are the new features we are getting with this update?

Re: Are third party accessories still working with Galaxy Note 3 after Kitkat update

Yes, there was a problem with third party accessories after installing the Kitkat update in Note 3 but it has been fixed now. It was said that with this update only Samsung certified accessories including smart covers, wireless chargers, etc will work.

Re: Are third party accessories still working with Galaxy Note 3 after Kitkat update

I think you got some wrong info James. The accessories problem with Note 3 Kitkat update is yet not fixed. However, Samsung is well aware about the same and is working on the same. Probably they will fix it very soon by releasing a new OTA update. Here is the official statement from Samsung today, have a look:

We have currently identified a software compatibility issue with the Galaxy Note 3 update to Android 4.4 (KitKat) and select 3rd party accessories. A software update will be available shortly. We are committed to offering a diverse and reliable mobile experience for all customers, providing continued support and solutions for any issues that arise with product updates for both Samsung manufactured and third-party accessories.

Nope, the problem is still not fixed. But Samsung is aware of the same and are working to fix it as soon as possible. They announced saying they will release an OTA to bring the third party accessories support back to Note 3 Kitkat.

They have to do it because if on One hand they are locking their devices with their own official Accessories, on the other hand, they are offering 100% business to their competitors to sell and allow using accessories with other brands smartphones.

The problem was surely there, but Samsung has already admit it and are working on the same. Recently in an official statement, they said that they will release an OTA update for Note 3 , specially for fixing this accessories problem. So no more worry.