Thread: Unable to use SkyDrive on Internet Explorer 10 Windows 8

Unable to use SkyDrive on Internet Explorer 10 Windows 8

I have seen many people working with Microsoft SkyDrive on their IE browsers comfortably, but it is not working for me. Only me or somebody else facing the same problem? I can access the browser based Outlook but when try to open Skydrive, it just wont open. All i get is a blank white page. Many times, it also crashes the browser itself.

I dont think it is windows problem because Skydrive works fine on all other browsers including Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc but not with IE 10. I dont know what to do. Hope i get some workaround here. Help appreciated.

Re: Unable to use SkyDrive on Internet Explorer 10 Windows 8

Why dont you install the desktop version of Skydrive, i hope you know it is available, right?

Instead of browser based, i prefer desktop version because you can access anytime, even if you are browser or internet are not working. It keeps syncing in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by sezmalik View Post
    Why dont you install the desktop version of Skydrive, i hope you know it is available, right?
    I know SkyDrive is also available for desktop, i already have Google Drive installed on my PC. But SKyDrive contains most important and confidential documents, hence i dont put it on my desktop because this PC is also used by few other member's of my family and kids. If anyone by mistakenly mess up those things, it is going to hamper me a lot. So, i prefer SkyDrive in my browser itself. It use to work good earlier, but since updated to Internet Explorer 10, all these problem started.

I guess there would be some add-on which are crashing the browser. For testing purpose you should try runing Internet Explorer in no-addons mode and see if the problem occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Param View Post
    I guess there would be some add-on which are crashing the browser. For testing purpose you should try runing Internet Explorer in no-addons mode and see if the problem occurs.
    Thanks buddy. Tried without Add-ons as well, but still the same problem.

Anything else, please?

Hey, I think I can help you with this as I’ve been though the same problem recently. Here is what you need to do:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools
    • Click Internet Explorer
    • Click Advanced
    • Uncheck the box saying “Enable third party browser extensions”
    • Click Apply > OK.
    • Restart the browser.