Thread: Nokia Lumia 'Your phone couldn't reach the Wifi network'

Nokia Lumia 'Your phone couldn't reach the Wifi network'

Something has gone really wrong with my Lumia 520. I'm using this phone since past 3 months and was working fine with my Office as well as Home WiFi network. But i dont know what happened, since two days whenever i am trying to connect it with my office network, it says 'Your phone couldn't reach the Wifi network(SSID)'.

How can it not reach, i'm sitting in the wifi zone where it use to work good earlier. I tried deleting the access point from my phone and creating again, but still the same problem. I've no idea what to do. Hope anyone of you can provide me some working solution.

Regards,

Re: Nokia Lumia 'Your phone couldn't reach the Wifi network'

Does your office network staff knows that you are using their WiFi? Have they allowed you to use the same?

I'm asking this because they might have banned your phone to access the network. Also if you are not facing any problem with your Home wifi, that means there is no problem with the Lumia. It is somewhere with your office network. itself. You need to confirm with them.

Very good point Possessor, but that is the not reason in my case. Yes, i have permission to use the network and they have not banned me. It is an Asus router and there are many more tablets and smartphones running still fine, except mine.

What now?

I dont know if this will work for you but once i had been through similar situation on my Nokia phone. In my case i just changed my Router's channel and problem fixed. Although i was able to connect my laptop, my Lumia was unable to connect anymore. Changing the channel atleast worked for me. See if it helps you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Intekhab View Post
    I dont know if this will work for you but once i had been through similar situation on my Nokia phone. In my case i just changed my Router's channel and problem fixed. Although i was able to connect my laptop, my Lumia was unable to connect anymore. Changing the channel atleast worked for me. See if it helps you as well.
    You are genuios. Thank you veru much. After many request finally the staff agreed to change the channel and now i can connect my lumia. Appreciated.

Even I have been through that error message on my 720. And it would be surprising that none of the above steps worked for me. At last what I did was backed up my entire Data from the phone and reset it to factory settings. After restoring the phone I tried connecting to the same wifi network with same settings, and it is working fine so far.

So I can conclude that the problem is not with the router, but within Windows Phone 8 or Lumia itself.