Thread: MS Security Essentials wont uninstalls and wont work either

MS Security Essentials wont uninstalls and wont work either

I hope somebody from here can help me out of this annoying problem. My system is running Microsoft Security essentials since past few months and i never had any problem. But dont know what went wrong suddenly. Since yesterday whenever i boot my PC, MSE wont boot itself. I checked in the MSCONFIG > Start up, it is allowed but wont start.

Now when i try to launch it manually, it gives me an error message saying "Windows can not access the specified path." As i'm not tech savvy, i dont have any idea which path is it talking about. Some of my colleagues suggested me to try re-installation. Well, i tried to uninstall the MSE so that i can install it back, but i was surprised to see another error message which says "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall MSE."

Damn, i'm the only administrator of this computer and it says i dont have sufficient access. If i dont, then who? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: MS Security Essentials wont uninstalls and wont work either

I have been through exact situation couple months ago. It is actually not the fault of MSE, instead your is infected with some dangerous malware which has also made MSE not functional. Atleast in my case, it was malware. After lots of troubleshooting finally i got a full working solution. Somebody suggested me to scan the entire system using HitmanPro.Kickstart Flash Drive. Yes, it is a malware and ransomware remover and is very effective. If you want you can download the same from here. And obviously you might be not aware how to run it from Flash Drive, so check this video tutorial for the same:

Hey Georgie girl, did you tried the above solution? Did it worked? I'm not able to make the Flash Drive even watching the videos. Isn't there any other alternate way?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fulton View Post
    Hey Georgie girl, did you tried the above solution? Did it worked? I'm not able to make the Flash Drive even watching the videos. Isn't there any other alternate way?
    Hello Fulton, if you are facing difficulty making the USB Drive watching that video, then you can also go through its text manual. It is not so difficult actual. You can download the Kickstart Manual from here and follow the steps provided on the seventh page.

Or alternatively, there is a FixIt Tool released from Microsoft itself. It actually helps you to uninstall MSE, so you can call it MSE Removal Tool as well. Download it from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulton View Post
    Hey Georgie girl, did you tried the above solution? Did it worked?
    Yes. It did worked for me. Thank you very much for the help Hacker. Appreciated.

I really appreciate your help Surface. I have downloaded the Fixit Tool but as this is my first time using any such tool, can you please provide me more details on using the same? Thanks again.

Alright, here it is:
    • After downloading and running for the first time
    • Select Run on small pop-up window and select Run on Internet Explorer-Security Warning Window.
    • Select Detect problems and let me select the files to apply.
    • Select Uninstalling.
    • After detecting problems Select Microsoft Security Client to uninstall and click Next.
    • Repeat the steps from b to f and, this time select Microsoft Antimalware from list to uninstall and click Next.
    • Restart your computer and reinstall Microsoft Security essentials.